. Colorado Ideas 2.0, LLC .
Welcome to Colorado Ideas 2.0, LLC - a Denver-based advice and information service, founded and directed by Richard "Dick" Cauchi. For 21 years, Richard was Health Program Director at the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), leading work on health policy topics for the 7,300+ legislative members and their staff in the 50 states.
At Colorado Ideas 2.0 our independent, in-house expertise is in the areas of:
- State legislative and executive branch health policy, especially health insurance and coverage expansion, prescription drugs (brand, generics and biologics), as well as state health costs and financing. Also history and chronologies of areas including the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare, universal coverage, free-market alternatives and pooled purchasing.
- State legislative processes - bi-partisan, individualized advice and training about procedures, committees, members and stakeholders nationwide. Also knowledgeable about legislative history, 50-state tracking, scans and electoral campaigns.
As of 2019 I am available for inquiries, advice or proposed projects. Colorado Ideas 2.0 does not engage in lobbying.
2020 Examples of published or posted work
- Broad Public Use of Masks-Evidence-based research-COVID. July 2020 (PDF) - A companion summary and bibliography by Colorado Ideas 2.0
- Supplement A1: CDC: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 Nov. 10, 2020 (PDF) -New in November-
- Supplement A: Masks May Reduce Viral Exposure Some Experts Say - NY Times. July 28, 2020 (PDF)
- Supplement B: Yes, the Coronavirus Is in the Air- NY Times-July 30-2020 (PDF)
- Supplement C: Study Finds Evidence Virus Can Float in Air for Minutes or Longer. July 2020 (PDF)
- Supplement D: New Science Studies Confirm Value of Required Masks. August 2020 (PDF)
- Supplement E: Six feet of distance: It is more complicated than that. August 2020 (PDF)
- Supplement F: Spate of New research supports wearing masks. July-Sept. 2020 (PDF)
- Supplement G: Masks do not restrict oxygen flow or cause CO2 Build-up. October 2, 2020 (PDF) -New in October-
- Gov. Polis Colorado update and Cauchi onlne comments - June 18, 2020 (PDF)
- Colorado-acts-quickly-mandatory-covid-19-rules- by Richard-Cauchi - April 2020 (PDF)
- Reinventing a "Team of Rivals" to Unite Democrats for the November Election March 2020 (PDF)
- Jeffco 4 Warren Democrats update - June 3, 2020 (PDF)
- Colorado Health Action Team (HAT) 2020 candidate survey -June 2020 (PDF)
2020 Report Topic Resources (Offline and Fair Use)
Other Posted documents and resources
- Citizens for Participation in Political Action (CPP & CPPAX): an Archive History in Documents (1968-1980) - A collection in development
- Table of Contents-CPPAX (ok)
Notes and Quotes:
2 Post: 2017 "There is a noticeable uptick among state legislatures and state governments in terms of what kind of role states can play in addressing the cost of prescription drugs and access," said Richard Cauchi, health program director at the National Conference of State Legislatures. Some states are tackling transparency, by requiring manufacturers to detail a drug's production and advertising costs when prices exceed certain thresholds. Others have aimed for caps on what drugmakers can charge Medicaid or state employee benefit programs, where officials often feel the price squeeze. Still others set ceilings on what consumers face in out-of-pocket costs.
3 1/31/2008 'Other states that are developing plans and may consider them in legislation this year include Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, New Mexico and Washington according to ... (NCSL)'.. Richard Cauchi.
4 NYT: "The states, meanwhile, will continue experimenting with their own efforts, according to Richard Cauchi, who follows state health initiatives for the National Conference of State Legislatures. “There’s certainly momentum and growing interest on the state level,” he said. In Connecticut, Ms. Wyman, a Democrat who supported the measure the governor recently vetoed, continues to push for creation of some sort of state-directed purchasing pool.
5 Example of NCSL web publications. Copyright NCSL -
Website Origins and History
Colorado2.com originally was founded in 1997 as Colorado Access 2000, providing web directories in the state of Colorado and beyond. For the topics noted, continue to use our public information and directory sites and links for useful information about Colorado and beyond. Archive Projects 1997-2010
Colorado Ideas 2.0, LLC TM
Colorado Access 2000 ™
Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80033-5666 USA
All contents Copyright © 2019 - 2020
Updated: November 11, 2020
Colorado State Capitol, Denver